Holistic Medicine London
Holistic medicine is a form of healing that considers the whole person — body, mind, spirit, and emotions — in the quest for optimal health and wellness. According to the holistic medicine philosophy, one can achieve optimal health — the primary goal of holistic medicine practice — by gaining proper balance in life.
As a Holistic Medicine practitioner, Dr Stavy believes that the whole person is made up of interdependent systems and if one part is not working properly, all the other parts will be affected. Therefore, imbalances (physical, emotional, or spiritual) in their lives, it can negatively affect a person’s overall health.
Dr Stavy’s holistic approach alongside her experience in Functional Medicine, Acupuncture and Homeopathy enables her to treat her patients in their entirety to really get to the source of the dis-ease and return balance.
Find out more about Dr Stavy and the conditions she treats.
What some of Dr Stavy’s patients say
My partner and I have been treated by Dr Nikitopoulou for about three years, due to long term conditions and long-standing health problems, which we both experience, and which statutory NHS services have not been able to address. My partner and I are both extremely happy with Dr Nikitopoulou’s assessment of our health issues, as well as her treatment and intervention. She has managed to raise our health to unprecedented levels, and we now understand what is going on with us physiologically. In the case of my partner, who has coronary artery disease and had a heart attack ten years ago age 43, all traces and symptoms of disease have virtually disappeared. For myself I know that without her treatment I would not have the physical ability to perform across the many life challenges that I set myself: very long working hours, extensive training, participating in sports, and my recent expansion into professional singing.
Dr Nikitopoulou is caring, open minded and is able to explain complex medical facts and test results clearly yet sensitively. She has a holistic approach to health, which recognises the multiple factors determining human health – not only nutrition, medication, supplements and exercise, but also stress and the constant underlying influence of life circumstances and life choices on our stress levels and physical well-being. Dr Nikitopoulou really listens to my and my partner’s concerns, and has been able to ‘get into our worlds.’ In this way she has found ways in which we can effectively integrate her treatment and recommendations into our daily lives, resulting in concrete results.
We have recommended her to friends and family, and would advise anyone with health concerns to see her for a consultation.
Dr Stavy Nikitopoulou explains clearly and concisely the role of functional medicine, while being caring and attentive to my needs. It is wonderful and a relief to come to a doctor that looks at the body and mind as a whole, intricately related system and diagnoses and prescribes accordingly. I look forward to our meetings!
Dr Stavy is extremely thorough, sensitive and concerned to ensure that all heath issues are responded to and monitored rigorously. She is very kind and receptive and I have great faith in her judgments. My health is being well looked after and I appreciate her support.
Dr Stavy has to be one of the warmest, most empathic Doctors I have ever had the pleasure to be treated by. Before attending Dr Stavy’s clinic I had been around the houses to loads of Dr’s and alternative practitioners to get help with my chronic fatigue. With Dr Stavy For the first time I felt like I was working with someone in my corner to get better, rather than just following instructions. It really is a team effort and I appreciate her expertise, honesty, support and openness as I recover from this debilitating condition.
I have received very professional and precise information from Dr Stavy Nikitopoulou and have been able to get my body into a very good alignment and I feel great. I can warmly recommend her friendly practise to anyone who is looking for ultimate health and wellbeing.
The Principles Of Holistic Medicine.
Conventional and alternative therapies may combine to treat and prevent disease so more patients can enjoy optimal health. A holistic health practitioner will look beyond symptoms to also consider the impact of lifestyle, spiritual, nutritional, emotional, environmental, and physical aspects of life.
Guiding principles include:
- Whole-person integration. Patients are not viewed as their symptoms; they are considered as a whole (mind, body, spirit).
- Holistic medicine seeks to find the cause of disease rather than how to treat symptoms.
- Significant effort is expended on establishing a clear understanding of the factors that may contribute to a person’s disease state.
- Illness is not isolated from the patient, but rather a manifestation of dysfunction within the whole person.
- Patient-practitioner relationship is a significant factor in determining healing outcomes.
- The professional relationship considers the needs and objectives of the patient as well as their personal insights and awareness of both patient and practitioner.
- The body has an innate ability to heal; the practitioner’s intent is to facilitate this.
- Holistic practitioners continually explore safe and effective options for diagnosing and treating a variety of conditions.
Benefits Of Alternative Medicine
There are several reasons why alternative medical care is appealing, including:
- Receive personal attention. Holistic medicine emphasizes both mind and body as a way to understand and achieve whole-body health. To achieve this, practitioners spend time getting to know the various aspects of their patient’s lives.
- Well-rounded care. Disease is not separate from the person who carries it. Alternative medicine does not focus on the disease, then, it considers all aspects of physical wellness as well as each patient’s emotional and spiritual health.
- Alternative medicine treats the cause. A holistic approach questions the many factors that may be involved in disease to unearth the originating causes. This could be diet, stress, immune-suppression, or other triggers. By finding the cause, the need to treat symptoms decreases.
- Treatment is flexible. Conventional medicine treats symptoms, often with medication. Even in light of lifestyle changes, a course of treatment may not change. Holistic medicine is more fluid, closely following the response to various therapies and lifestyle modifications and adjusting as needed.
- Holistic therapies seek to improve the way the body functions naturally. This decreases the chance of becoming reliant on medication.